15 December 2012

NO HEAT CURLS



12/08/2012
I have super straight hais so whenever I get the chance, I love curling my hair, the only problem is, I on't like what a curling iron does to my hair. I love using rollers but sometimes their just to messy and the curls don't always look the way I want them to, so I found method that works for me and is really cheap and easy to do too!
Wanna Know I did my curls? Its easy! All you'll be needing is:
A Styling Mousse
Hair Pins (Lots of them)
Hair Dryer (optional)
A whole lot of patience

Well, here's the step by step how to:

1. Take a Shower, shampoo your hair but do not condition it, in my experience my hair doesn't stay curly as long as I want it to if I use conditioner before setting it. Plus my hair straightens out REALLY fast, Im not even joking.

2. Towel dry your hair and once its dry enough, add styling mousse. I usually add the mousse when my hair is almost completely dry but still a little bit cold cause its still wet, I find that its much softer and my curls last longer. But that's just my experience, it might not work on everyone so I guess its best to follow the instructions behind the styling mousse's bottle. :)

3. Grab a small section of your hair and twist it in your fingers as if your making rolls with it then pin it in place, I usually pin mine once I get to the top of my head, close to my scalp. 
Remember: the Bigger the roll, the softer or wavier the curls while the smaller the roll, the smaller and curlier it will be. 

Continue doing that until your head ends up looking like this:

4. Wait for a long time for the curls to set, if you're in a hurry, you can blow dry them to make it set faster, but in my case since I don't want to damage my hair so much, I opt to just let it dry out while blow drying it every once in a while. Once you think the curls are ready, remove the hair pins one by one and fix it up a little. Et Voila! curls that don't involve curling irons! :)

NOTE: I did this hours before I went out, like around 3PM and took the entire thing off around 8PM cause I wanted to make the curls last really long and because I started to curl it when it was still a bit damp/cold. I know it probably sounds time consuming but I think this method is much more worth it cause it doesn't burn or damage my hair plus it culs my hair without making it look dry unlike when you use a curling iron. 
During my wait time, I got to do a lot of other stuff in between like catch up with my episodes and movies and of course my blog list :)


Sarah

2 comments :

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous! I'm always rolling my hair, but I end up looking like Shirley Temple's black twin. I'm definitely trying this!
    Maya F
    themetalliclady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maya!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
    Hope this works out for you as it did for me! :)
    Let me know how it goes! :)

    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments :)