07 January 2013

2013's FEAST.




01/01/2013
It's finally new year! :) Every year, for as long as I can remember, my family always celebrates the coming of the new year and the last day of the year with a lot of fireworks and firecrackers and a whole lot of food! It's always been a tradition of my mum's family to put a lot of food on the table when it was new year; a sign of prosperity, I think (but I'm not totally sure) Also, mum tends to keep chicken, turkey or any sort of poultry on the table for our new year's eve dinner because it is said that putting chicken or any animal like it on the table would mean "Isang kain, Isang Tuka", I don't exactly know the right analogy for it in english, but if you take it in its literal translation, it means "one bite, one peck" which I guess basically means that you'd be having a difficult year. Call it odd, but its been part of my family's tradition to avoid chicken on new year's, besides, nothing wrong can come to believing such superstition right? haha. 
Anyway, here's a list of what mum prepared for new years:
Ham
Grilled Steak
Sweet n' Sour fish
Baked Macaroni
Lasagna
Roast Beef (not pictured)
Roast Pork
Sweet Potatoes with cooked Marshmallows
Paella

What did you guys have for new year? Do you have any new year's superstition?
xx

Sarah

2 comments :

  1. Hi

    Great Blog!

    I’m following your blog and bloglovin, i hope you follow my :)

    http://umblogfashion.blogspot.com

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3565858/um-blog-fashion

    Kiss
    Liliana

    Check out my blog: Um Blog Fashion

    Check out my bloglovin: Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liliana! :) I'll be sure to check out your blog! :)
      xx
      Sarah

      Delete

I read all the comments :)