02 February 2013

FOODCRAVINGS: CHICKEN AND VEGGIE MIX.

01/22/2013
Hello, hello!
Its been a while since I last put up a food post huh? Well, to be honest, as much as I love food, I'm not a good cook. In fact, I think the only person who openly likes my cooking is well, me. I don't think I'd have the audacity to volunteer cooking food for anyone. But, since this is my blog and since I want to remember and learn as much as I can about cooking, I might as well put that here so that I can document my journey to becoming a good cook! or at least be good in the kitchen! :)

So for the photo above, I usually cook something up whenever I'm hungry and the time is no where near breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whenever this happens, I usually just whip something up with whatever I can find in the fridge cause I have been avoiding junk food and unhealthy snacks whenever I get hungry. In this case, I found the following:

4 pcs. Chicken Fillet
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots
Button Mushrooms

It doesn't really matter with the measurements or amounts for the others since I pretty much just grabbed a handful well, maybe two handfuls! :)

 I then defrosted the chicken for a bit just until I could cut them into small pieces. While I was waiting for the chicken to defrost, I rinsed the veggie (including the mushroom) s in water and then placed them on a clean strainer to remove excess water.

After slicing the chicken into small pieces (it didn't really matter how small when I did it) I put it in a non stick frying pan with a little bit of water so that I could drain the excess water absorbed in the chicken meat.

Once the chicken has been cooked and the water has been evaporated, I added the veggies and then added 3 tablespoons of olive oil.

I mixed or rather sautéed the chicken and the veggies just until the veggies are cooked and the chicken has a little bit of color. 

aaaand there you have it! my chicken and veggie mix its a great way to keep yourself from being bored and keeping yourself full and healthy! 

As you can probably tell, I didn't add any salt or spices or anything that would give this more flavor. I personally prefer my food this way cause I believe it allows me to actually taste the natural flavors of each ingredient instead of adding other concoctions to make it taste better. Besides, I like my food simple, especially when I'm at home. 

I'm so sorry I didn't get to post much photos about the whole process, I really wasn't intending to share this here but then I thought, "why not share it? I can put whatever I want in my blog anyway and besides, someone might be wanting to start learning how to cook too."

Okay, so I'm rambling now, I wanted to post this as well cause even though I may not be a "master chef" or someone skilled when it comes to kitchen duties, I do want to learn and my little cooking sprees are my way of experimenting with what ingredient works with each other. Hopefully one day I can be proud to say I'm freaking awesome in the kitchen! :D But til then, simple meals it is for moi!

Have a great day! :)

xx

TUMBLR |◊| BLOGLOVIN |◊| TWITTER |◊|GOOGLE+

Sarah

2 comments :

I read all the comments :)