07 February 2013

FOODCRAVINGS: ORANGE GRANOLA YOGURT SMOOTHIE

02/03/2013

Whenever I'm at home and bored, I get easily hungry so since I am bored, I usually end up making weird concoctions for myself. Here's what I ended up making one afternoon during the weekend.
Here's what I used:
4 medium sized oranges
1 cup of granola
5 Tablespoons of Powdered Yogurt
2 Tablespoons of White Sugar
Pour 5 tablespoons of powdered yogurt into a cup. I was honestly a bit shocked to find a yogurt in a form of powder.  
Add 2 tablespoons of sugar into the cup. Add water and mix the mixture together. Put it in the freezer indefinitely. I have to be honest, I didn't know that the yogurt mix had to be put in the freezer for atleast 8-12 hours so I just put it in the freezer to cool but I didn't get to turn it into a yogurt consistency, it looked like milk instead but that's okay cause I was gonna pour into another mixture anyway.
Once the yogurt mix is in the freezer, start peeling the oranges.
After peeling the oranges, Juice it! :) 4 medium sized oranges could fill up 1 glass.
Put the Granola in the blender and blend it until it becomes a powdery form.
Add the Orange juice into the blender and blend both the powdered granola and orange juice together.
Take the yogurt mix from the freezer and add it onto the blended mixture. Blend all the ingredients together.
Pour all the contents of the blender into a glass with ice. You can also choose to put shaved ice into the blender but since I didn't have shaved ice, I decided to use ice cubes and instead of putting it in the blender with the mixture, I just put it in the glass.

And there you have it! My Orange Granola Yogurt Smoothie! :)
I know it probably sounds and tastes weird but I like it, it fills me up just nice. especially since granola is known to be rich in fiber and can fill you up just as good as anything else that would be less than healthy. Besides, fresh fruit juice, yogurt and granola? How can that not be good for you? LOL!

Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed making the smoothie! Although I might be the only one who actually liked this smoothie. :)

xx


TUMBLR |◊| BLOGLOVIN |◊| TWITTER |◊|GOOGLE+

Sarah

2 comments :

  1. Omg I'm still shocked to see a yoghurt in a form of powder... :D

    http://zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked too when I saw it on the grocery! :)

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete

I read all the comments :)