26 March 2013

MY FIRST LIEBSTER AWARD!

03/21/2013
So I recently just received a little bit of news that I wanted to share here on my blog! :)
I recently got nominated for a Liebster award! At first I had no clue what this was but after doing a little bit of research, I found out that this is an award where you nominate blogs that have a following below 200 followers.
I don't think that this is an actual award wherein you win something. I think the purpose of this award so to speak, is to give recognition to bloggers that don't have a huge following and as well as encourage bloggers to support and promote each other and create a supportive atmosphere for new bloggers.

How does this liebster award fulfill its purpose? Well, personally I think I can compare the liebster award to something like a blog roll with a bit more depth. Here are the rules to follow when you are nominated for one:

  1. Share 11 things about  yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions that your tagger gave you
  3. Choose 11 fellow blogs to nominate. 
  4. The nominees must have less than 200 Google Friend Connect Followers and be told via comment on their blog
  5. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers that were nominated 
  6. Thank the person that nominated you and link back their blog

So, without further a do, let me start my Liebster award nominee responsibilities by sharing 11 things about myself:


  1. I am not a morning person at all, but I like to get a lot of things done so I have to force myself to wake up early.
  2. I have 4 first names excluding my middle name and my surname which means that my full name totals to 6. :)
  3. I am very random and by that I mean EXTREMELY random. You'll probably see that once in a while here on my blog as I blog about fashion to food to my latest getaway to probably the silliest thing I've done so far.
  4. I have a tendency to be extremely indecisive. It took me almost a year and a half to decide if I wanted to take blogging seriously and then another 6 months to decide which blogging platform I should use!This is also the very reason why I have a tumblr and a wordpress account!
  5. I love all things Harry Potter. I am a huge fan of the  A VERY POTTER MUSICALS by Starkid Productions. I felt like a lunatic when I watched A VERY POTTER SENIOR YEAR cause I was crying and laughing at the same time and singing along to some of the songs I knew!
  6. I can eat anything with chocolate.
  7. I love collecting books.
  8. I consider myself a lazy girly girl, meaning I love all things girl from clothes to make up to accessories (I prefer jewelry though) but I am always almost to lazy to even bother wearing them.
  9. I always keep an open mind and don't always believe my first impressions of people.
  10. I would love to be able to take great photos all the time and learn photoshop!
  11. I would love to travel the world and discover who I really am in this world.
Here are the 11 questions my tagger gave me:

1. How you love spending your time?

I love to spend my time by reading, catching up with my favorite TV shows and movies, working out, sleeping and cooking or eating. :)

2. Two clothing items that you can't live without?

Leggings and a loose top! Perfect for a lazy me. :) 

3. What can people learn from your blog? Or what do you want them to?

I don't really know what people can learn from my blog or what I want them to learn because I'm really not an expert on any of the things I blog about, I honestly just blog because I feel like blogging is my outlet to make sure my brain won't combust from so many random thoughts. So I guess if I would really answer this question, I would want people to learn about me and who I really am, to some extent. 

4. If you could pack your bags right now and move to another city, which one would it be?

This for me is a difficult one! I've always loved to travel and live anywhere in the world! I've always dreamt of moving to Paris, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Iceland and South Africa! I know it seems odd, as a girl who adores fashion and style, I should be picking either Paris or London but I do have family in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California that I haven't seen in a while. Iceland and South Africa on the other hand honestly, are my top 2 because if I wanted to pack my bags and leave, I'd go where no one would ever think I would go to and these are the 2 places I would pick because I find these places fascinating! Out of the two though, I would probably pick South Africa. :)

5. If you could meet one famous person, who would you choose?

If I could meet one famous person, I would probably be torn between Coco Chanel, J.K. Rowling and Jesus Christ.

6. A sunny day at the beach or a cold, snowy day at the mountains?

A sunny day at the beach. :)

7. Most amazing thing, memory or day of your life?

There's so much I can't even remember! 

8. Favourite scent?

I don't really have a favorite scent but I always prefer something citrusy or floral, something that would exude sophistication and elegance when you smell it. Never sugary sweet and over powering.

9. Describe your style in 3 words

Simple, convenient and Proper.

10. What is the motto of your life?

I have a lot of motto's in life, but my favorite ones are:

"If you can think of it, do it."
"When you get mad, don't get back, get everything"
"When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, lemon pie, and everything else that you can make with lemons."

11. What is your favourite beauty product?

My favorite beauty product would probably be my eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. :)

For my 11 Questions:

1. What is the most random excuse you've ever used?
2. What kind of blogger do you want to be?
3. Who is your favorite blogger or what is your favorite blog?
4. How long have you been blogging?
5. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
6. Who are 3 people you want to meet? dead or alive.
7. What is your favorite time of the day, morning, noon, night?
8. What is your favorite TV show?
9. What personal item can't you live without?
10. What is the most important advice anyone has ever given you?
11. Do you believe that secrets can be kept forever?

For my 11 liebster award nominees:

1. Tineey from Tineey
2. Mimi from Mimi's Fashion Moments
4. Sarvin from ClassyPyt
5. Celine from missCELINEous
6. Bea from Her Derigueur
7. Megan-Holly from Megan-Holly
9. Bevin & Alayna from Hole in Jean Pocket
10. Maria from Pash Journal
11. GustÄ— from Diary of GustÄ— 

And last, but not the least, I'd like to thank Stephanie for nominating me and for supporting my blog! :)

TUMBLR |◊| BLOGLOVIN |◊| TWITTER |◊|GOOGLE+

Sarah

13 comments :

  1. Very Interesting and that is awesome you got nominated. I wish you the best of luck.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could learn some more things about you :) Lazy person? That makes two of us:) The "If you can think of it, do it." motto is a really good one, i will use it from now on!x
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    http://vidathings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me Stephanie! It really means a lot to me! :)

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Nice answers! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? We also have a giveaway going on right now! xx

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Enter our current Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)
      I'd love to check out your blog! :)

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog and I really liked reading what you have to say!!! :) I really like your blog! Now following you on GFC and Blog Lovin'!!! :) Check mine out too if you get a chance and let me know what you think :)

    http://loislennon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'll be sure to check out your blog too! :)

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete
  5. Hi Sarah! Thanks for the nom. Your blog is super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I really like your blog! :)

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete
  6. Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for the nomination! I feel really honored! Thankkkk you your the best!

    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I really like your blog and you deserve to be nominated! :)

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete
    2. Thats really kind of you! Thank youuu =D

      xxxx

      Delete

I read all the comments :)