26 July 2013

EUROPE 2013: ST. PETER'S BASICLICA

06/11/2013

After our tour of the Vatican Museum, we were immediately led into St. Peter's Basilica, which in my opinion is the mother of all churches! Its so grand! Once again, I find myself gawking at the grandeur or the architecture and the paintings and sculpture inside! 

The door above is called the Holy door, according to our tour guide (if I heard her correctly) there are four holy doors around Rome and these doors are only opened once every 25 years.
I can't really give you guy a lot of information about St. Peters that I got there so, sorry about that! I get distracted whenever  I'm too amazed or fascinated by my surroundings, which is pretty weird cause I'm usually great with multi-tasking! Oh well, somethings are just too fascinating to even attempt multi-tasking.

BTW, since the Basilica is a lot of years old, there were a LOT of sarcophagi inside! It was kinda creepy but at the same time I couldn't stop looking for all of them. I guess I'm weird like that. LOL!

Enjoy the photos! :)

This is where St. Peter is buried.
Ugh, I am really having a hard time with doing this travel diary, I have so many photos to go through (around 3,000 photos, mind you!) and pick from then edit and then post! 
So please enjoy my already posted Europe travel entries
here (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7)


Til next time! :)

TUMBLR |◊| BLOGLOVIN |◊| TWITTER |◊|GOOGLE+
Sarah

6 comments :

  1. beautiful, beautiful photos!!
    check out my latest look:http://www.fashionglow.ro/?p=3348
    xoxo,KHLOE

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahha then you are worse than me on vacation ( i take way too many photos but i love doing it!) ahah Enjoy and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! you got that right! I always don't listen tothe tour guide so I never remember anything about the places I went to. I just keep taking photos and then google them later! LOL!

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. I will be in Rome by tomorrow afternoon and I am so excited!!
    lovely pictures!!

    love, Theri

    http://theriswardrobe.blogspot.it
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3755891

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theri! Hope you love Rome as much as I did! :)

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete

I read all the comments :)