20 July 2013

EUROPE 2013: THE VATICAN MUSEUM

06/11/2013
After lunch, we were guided by the tour guide to the Vatican Museum. The whole tour was so long and the museum was so grand that I didn't get to listen to what the tour guide was saying, all I could literally do was gawk and marvel at all the paintings, tapestries and sculptures and other historical and artistic and religious artifacts that were stored and displayed there!

I can't really give so much detail and facts in this post cause as I've said above, I was too stunned, amazed and fascinated by the beauty of what was inside the museum! so for now, I hope you guys enjoy this photo post! :)

According to our tour guide, the whole ceiling in one of the rooms we went to were only painted to look like they were sculpted! Can you believe that photo above?! I literally couldn't believe her! I was staring at the whole ceiling the whole time we were in there! It looks so not like a painting! I feel like painters before put our painters today to shame!

Finally! haha! When we got to the Sistine Chapel, we were forbidden to take photos of the room. Literally there were guards almost everywhere inside the Sistine Chapel! Thankfully, my camera had a silent mode so I put that on and started acting like a spy or a paparazzo! LOL I was discreetly trying to take photos of the chapel! So far I think I did pretty well, considering the guards were literally among the crowds and I was trying to hide the lens of my camera under my scarf as I kept point and shooting at the corners, the ceiling the floor, at the same time I was hoping that I could at least get a few decent shots of the room! haha!

So what do you think of my sistine chapel shots? LOL!

xx


TUMBLR |◊| BLOGLOVIN |◊| TWITTER |◊|GOOGLE+
Sarah

10 comments :

  1. just wow! so much to see!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures! I am going to visit Rome too in about one week!
    love, Theri

    newest post: http://theriswardrobe.blogspot.co.at/2013/07/ready-for-holiday-again-italy-sardinia-with-theriswardrobe.html

    check it out and follow via Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3755891

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love Rome! :)

      I've been following you on Bloglovin already, hope you follow me too? :)
      http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4141965

      xx
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Rome is amazing,enjoy it!!
    xoxo
    http://elenasofiastocco.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics <3
    check out my latest look:http://www.fashionglow.ro/?p=3322
    xoxo,Khloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shots. I love the Vatican. I find the whole thing so fascinating!
    Charlotte
    www.winstonandwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looked like heaven, literally!

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments :)