09 August 2013

EUROPE 2013: SANTA MARIA DEGLI ANGELI

06/14/2013
On our way to Assisi, Italy, we took a detour to visit one of the churches St. Francis lived in, Santa Maria Degli Angeli.

I don't know much about the church or about the town it is situated in, but inside the church there is a small church or chapel that Saint Francis used to pray and hold mass in. Then around the church you can find the Rose garden in which Saint Francis would lay around in whenever he felt tempted to stray from God (according to out tour guide, BTW) It was also said that whenever he lay on the roses in his rose garden, the thorns from the roses that he laid on would disappear.

I didn't get to go around as much because we were in a hurry and we really just visited the church to pray so I hope you like some of the photos I took! :)


Have a great weekend! :)
Check out my other Europe travel diary posts:
 (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8), (9)

TUMBLR |◊| BLOGLOVIN |◊| TWITTER |◊|GOOGLE+
Sarah

1 comment :

  1. beautiful photos :> I can't wait to go to Italy!
    check out my latest look:http://www.fashionglow.ro/?p=3369
    xoxo,Khloe

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments :)