29 November 2013

FROM LOOKBOOK WITH LOVE.




Hi Everyone!

I know I haven't talked about this on my blog, but a few weeks ago, my country was hit by the strongest typhoon we've ever encountered. I'm lucky to be safe and comfy here in my room, able to go about my daily routine but there are millions of people in the Visayas area of my country that are still reeling from the trauma of being literally wiped out by the storm, leaving millions of people with literally nothing but the clothes on their back and the devastation surrounding them.

I have been touched and moved by the way the international community came together to bring aid and help my countrymen. I am also proud of how everyone in the Philippines moved and proved to the world that our spirit is unbreakable and our "Bayanihan" spirit is as alive as it was 300 or so years ago.

With all the relief efforts being sent and received by my fellow filipinos, I urge you, whether you are a reader, a fellow blogger, or just someone who happened to fall upon this post, to please donate what you can. As of now, thousands are confirmed dead and millions are left without homes, jobs and some children are left orphaned. These survivors are strong and resilient but they need all the help we can give them.

Here are some charities that loobook.nu has provided along with the video above:

Direct Relief 

GlobalGiving 

Oxfam America 

Mercy Corps 

International Rescue Committee 


If you want to know more charities to donate to, you can also visit  Charity Navigator

You can also try Red Cross and World Vision Philippines.

It's Christmas time soon and I hope we can all share a little bit of our blessings to those who have been hit with this terrible tragedy.

xx
Sarah
P.S.
You can also follow me on lookbook here.

*video from loobook.nu
**click here for the original article.

♥ INSTAGRAM ♥ BLOGLOVIN ♥ TWITTER ♥ TUMBLR ♥ GOOGLE+ ♥ LOOKBOOK ♥ CHICTOPIA ♥ POSE ♥ WHAT I WEAR ♥

1 comment :

  1. I'm glad they did this <3

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    A stylist's, foodie's, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments :)