03 August 2014

TRY



08/03/2014

Came across this video on my facebook and thought I'd share it with you guys! I really like how this song can somehow empower women and people in general to just be themselves and to above all, learn to like or love themselves rather than seek the approval of others or society in general. 

I'm not saying that we should stop wearing make up or get ourselves all dolled up; if it makes you happy, then go for it but we should never let ourselves become too dependent on such habits that we forget to appreciate our own natural beautiful self, flaws and all.

I like how even celebrities are beginning to stand up to what the media has now prescribed as the standard to become beautiful (with the help of photoshop, make up, cosmetic surgery, etc..) not that I am condemning those but we should also remember that that isn't the true standard of beauty; its how confident you are that you don't need to adhere to those standards to know and feel that you are beautiful simply because, you are beautiful already.

xx
Sarah

*video from youtube

Find me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | GOOGLE+ | POSE

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read all the comments :)