14 February 2015

SAN LUIS OBISPO DE TOLOSA CHURCH

baler_philippines_travel_06

baler_travel_philippines_09
baler_travel_philippines_08
baler_travel_philippines_07

12/27/2014

Before learning how to surf, my family and I went around Baler. It's a pretty small town so we were able to visit its tourist sites easily. The first place we went to was the San Luis Obispo de Tolosa Church also known as the Baler Catholic Church. The church plays a pretty significant part in Baler and the Country's history because of its role during the Siege of Baler during the Spanish-American War in the Philippines in 1898-1899. I'm not going into specifics of Philippine History because I don't think I'm the one you should be listening to when it comes to that so maybe just google "the siege of Baler" or "Baler catholic church" to get more information on that? :)

It's also Valentine's day today so, Happy Valentines! May you enjoy spending it with your loved ones! <3

xx
Sarah


Find me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | GOOGLE+ | POSE

1 comment :

I read all the comments :)