26 March 2015

PHOTO DIARY: SINGAPORE

marina_bay_sands_singapore_04
02/05/2015

The last time I went to Singapore was 2011, I had just finished college and it was my mum's graduation present for me. Fast forward five years, I am back and this time, it was totally impromptu! My mum and her friends were supposed to go on a cruise which started in Singapore but two weeks before the trip, one of their friends backed out and they needed someone to go in place of said friend. Lo and behold, I'm said replacement. I can't really complain though, even though my boss put me through hell before allowing me to go! I don't think I will ever trade a moment of wanderlust (especially if its all expense paid) for a reassurance that I will have a job to return to (which I still do have, by the way).

Anyway, these photos were taken on our second day in Singapore. We stayed at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and then we took a private shuttle to take us around the city. These were just some of the photos from around the Central Business District, which is considered as Singapore's "Wall Street", the tour guide's words, not mine. :)

marina_bay_sands_singapore_01
marina_bay_sands_singapore_02
marina_bay_sands_singapore_03
marina_bay_sands_singapore_05
marina_bay_sands_singapore_06
marina_bay_sands_singapore_07
marina_bay_sands_singapore_08

The tour guide took us to a place near china town where they show cased this amazing map of Singapore. It had indications of how much of its land is already commercially developed and which ones will be developed and which ones are not yet being developed. It's actually pretty cool to see an actual representation of how much a country that's already so successful, still manage to grow despite its small size. :

I can't wait to show you more of my travel photos! They'll be coming out slow cause I'm pretty lazy busy with work and other personal errands!

xx
Sarah

Find me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | GOOGLE+ | POSE

1 comment :

  1. It looks amazing there!

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments :)