04 August 2015

HOW I TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR

beauty_hair_care_01
Lately I find my hair falling out a lot and so I've decided to changing my hair care routine. For the past months, I've changed a couple of things I do to my hair and the changes have made my hair look better. Read on to find out what little changes I did!

beauty_hair_care_02
Shampoo and Conditioner: I've alway been low maintenance with my hair, in fact if I don't need to condition I won't, I really hate using conditioner cause I never know when the thing's already off my hair or if I should keep the water running on my head! I read somewhere that I have to use conditioner daily and shampoo every other day, and I could not keep up with that, conditioner annoys me too much but I also realised that using shampoo everyday does indeed dry out my hair and my scalp especially if I don't use conditioner on it, one solution I found is to mix shampoo with water and spray directly on my scalp. Now I know it sound odd, but I usually put 1/4 shampoo and fill the rest of my spray bottle with water so that the shampoo is well diluted but still good enough to wash my hair with. I've been doing this for months now and let me tell you, not only have I saved up money from buying less shampoo, but my scalp's flakiness has lessened and my hair has less split ends and is also less dry. I don't even have to use conditioner that often anymore! I just use conditioner once or thrice a week, depending on whether or not I feel like it.

beauty_hair_care_03
Dry Shampoo: Just because my new shampoo and condition method allows me to wash my hair everyday -or night- doesn't mean I do. I still sometimes opt to skip a day (usually on the weekends) to let my hair and scalp's natural oil go free which means that there are times that my hair looks and feels so greasy. My solution to that is to use dry shampoo. Not only does it absorb the excess oil, but it also smells nice so my hair doesn't smell weird. I also use it every morning to prevent excess oil from coming out and making my hair look flat because the truth is, I usually shower and wet my hair every night so that when I wake up in the morning, it looks nice and fluffy (trust me, washing your hair at night not only allows you to sleep in a little more, but your hair looks great too).

beauty_hair_care_04

Macadamia Oil: This is my latest obsession! I now it sounds weird that I use dry shampoo to blot out the excess oil in my hair and then I use macadamia oil on my hair... But I use dry shampoo for my scalp, this one, I use macadamia oil for the tips of my hair work it up wards so that less oil is on the top of my head. I swear, macadamia oil has changed the health of my hair for the better. I can go for months without getting a haircut because I no longer suffer from so much dry and split ends! A lot of people also tell me how nice and thicker and shinier my hair looks! I usually use this every other night after showering and towel drying my hair. I apply it once my hair is damp but almost dry. This thing lasts me for months (I haven't even finished my bottle) because you only really need about two to three drops for your hair (I transferred mine to a pump bottle to conserve it cause I kept over pouring on my palm)!

That's about it! What do you do to keep your hair healthy?
Leave them on the comments below! :)

xx
Sarah

Find me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | GOOGLE+ | POSE

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read all the comments :)