08 October 2015

BEAUTY REVIEW: NYX XXL LUSH LASHES MASCARA

nyx_xxl_mascara_12
It's been a while since I last posted a beauty review and I am so excited to write a new one! I recently finally ran out of mascara and when I went to buy my usual one which is from Etude House so I needed to find a mascara from another brand. NYX recently entered the Philippine market and while I've heard of NYX a while back when I went to the U.S., I've never really used their products.

When I saw their store in the mall one day, I decided to try out their mascara so I bought one and here's a blog post on what I think of their NYX xxl Lush Lashes Mascara.
nyx_xxl_mascara_01
nyx_xxl_mascara_02
When I bought the mascara bottle looked really nice, I also saw that the wand had a round tip which I figured must be good for reaching that hard-to-reach corner of your lashes. I was pretty excited to try this out cause I've never tried a mascara with this type of wand.
nyx_xxl_mascara_05
Here's a photo of my eyes before I applied any mascara on my lashes.
nyx_xxl_mascara_04
nyx_xxl_mascara_06
So here's a photo with one of my lashes (left) coated with the mascara and the other one (right)without yet. I was pretty unimpressed with the mascara's consistency as it was a little too... runny? liquid-y? heavy? I can't really describe it but when I pre-curled my lashes and applied the mascara, my lashed immediately lost its curl. Another thing I didn't like was that due to its consistency, it took a while to dry so it stained the sides of my face or the bottom of my eyes whenever I closed them. I also had to re-curl my lashes after the mascara dried to put some curl back in it.
nyx_xxl_mascara_08
nyx_xxl_mascara_09
nyx_xxl_mascara_10
When I applied it on my other eye, I encountered the same problems I did on my left eye. I also realised that due to the mascara's consistency, the round wand tip didn't really do me any good as while I was using it to reach the lashes at the very corners of my top and bottom lashes, the product kept staining the sides of my eyes and the product won't apply to my lashes properly, some of it sticks to my lashes in a clump which only causes a bigger mess. I had to remove the excess product from the wand before actually applying it to my lashes which in turn causes a mess in the bottle's opening.
nyx_xxl_mascara_21
nyx_xxl_mascara_22
Here's a photo of both my lashes finally coated with the mascara. I do admit that I like that it did lengthen my lashes even more and it did make it look thicker so I guess it didn't disappoint in that area. I don't think I'd be using this mascara every day though cause its not water proof and it does take a while to dry (as I 've mentioned above).

Here are my pro's and cons:

Pro:
Lengthen's lashes
Makes it look thicker
Nice wand

Con:
Takes a while to dry (not advisable to use in the car or when in a rush)
Can easily stain the face
Not waterproof
Heavy consistency (need to re-curl my lashes more than once)
A bit pricey at Php 460.00 

nyx_xxl_mascara_14
Can anyone recommend any good mascara brands out there? I have my eyes set out to try Benefit's mascaras.

xx
Sarah

Find me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | GOOGLE+ | POSE

2 comments :

  1. I love nyx products thanks for the review and lovely blog.
    Would be greatful if you could check my blog out and join the site
    tweetykel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments :)