22 August 2016

L. A. GIRLS MATTE FLAT FINISH PIGMENT GLOSS | REVIEW & SWATCHES

la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_01
Lately I've been into the liquid lipstick trend and while I've yet to deviate from my colourpop and Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks, I've seen and heard of a lot of other brands, some high end, but mostly drugstore or affordable brands.

One of the brands I've been hearing about is L.A. Girls Cosmetics. I don't think they've officially entered Philippine markets as I do not see them in department stores or drugstores but I have seen them from a few instagram stores based in the Philippines. 

I don't know much about the brand but from the products I've seen on said shops, I'd say they're pretty affordable.

Anyway, back to the main purpose of this blog post, I recently bought two liquid lipsticks from them and while I know that these have been around for quite a while, the brand is pretty new to me.

la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_03
I purchased two shades: Backstage, which is a dark blackened red colour and Obsess, which is a bright pink colour.
la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_02
The first thing I noticed when I opened this up is that the wand is quite different from the ones I'm used to. And by that, I mean not only on my liquid lipsticks but also on my glosses, on the few occasion that I do wear a gloss. 
The wands on this products is rounded like a regular doe-foot applicator but it is flat on both sides. I don't really mind the shape of it cause I find that it was a bit easier to control the application of the product because I could fit the wand on the edges and curves that I normally have difficulty applying my lipstick on.
la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_04
What I didn't like about the product though was that it felt tacky and sticky on my lips. They do dry down to a matte looking finish (even though it says on the tube that its a flat pigment gloss) but the way they feel on my lips kind of weirded me out as I have been used to liquid lipsticks drying matte or, if it isn't a matte finish, it would feel creamy on my lips, like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. 
This one however, felt like it was rubber on my lips. Every time I pressed my lips together, it felt like they were sticking to one another. Its not uncomfortable per se, but I guess it all comes down to the fact that I am not used to the finish or formula.
Another thing I didn't like was the smell. It smelled straight up like chemical! I honestly felt a little toxic when I was putting this on because the smell reminded me a little bit of a rubber factory. I prefer my products without a scent, or if it is inevitable, at least the scent would be barely noticeable (Which is why I rarely wear my Kylie ones, the smell is waaaay, WAY too strong for me). 
This product just smelled really bad for me and I can't even describe it properly.
Anyway, below are photos of what the lippies look like on me:
la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_obsess_08
Obsess
la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_obsess_06
Obsess
la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_backstage_02
Backstage
la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_backstage_05
Backstage
la_girl_flat_finish_pigment_gloss_matte_05
Top: Obsess
Bottom: Backstage
Pro: 
Affordable
They have a wide range of colours
Applicator is nice, makes product easier to apply and control

Con:
Smells really bad
Dries to a sticky weird finish
Not openly available in the market, you can get it through instagram shops mostly.

xx
Sarah


Find me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | GOOGLE+ | POSE

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read all the comments :)