26 February 2017

COLOURPOP ULTRA SATIN LIPS | REVIEW & SWATCHES

colourpop ultra satin lips swatch

I can't believe I hadn't posted this blog yet! I had this prepared months ago! Anyway, Colourpop came out with a new liquid lipstick line called Ultra Satin Lips. Its basically a liquid lipstick that  is more hydrating unlike its Ultra Matte Lips line which can just suck the life out of your lips!

I picked out five of their original collection and here's what I think of them.

I honestly like this line a little bit better than their Ultra Matte lips! Why? Because it doesn't dry out my lips as much as their matte ones! Although I think I prefer the shades available in the Ultra Matte Lips line because some of the shades in this collection are way too dark for me. The one downside I think for me is that these are not transfer proof so they will move around a bit when your touch your lips and when you eat or drink or.. make out. ;D

Anyway, the packaging is quite similar to the Ultra Matte ones, except that the box has a yellow cover than red like the Ultra Matte boxes. The bottles are also the same, clear tube with silver cap and a holographic logo of Colourpop with the Ultra Satin Lip on it.

colourpop ultra satin lips

Here are the swatches I did:
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-7
Littlestitious
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-13
Littlestitious
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-34
Echo Park
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-42
Echo Park
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-45
Dopey
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-49
Dopey
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-57
Frick n Frack
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-61
Frick n Frack
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-71
Prim
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-82
Prim
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-130
TooLips (Shot filled with natural light
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-106
TooLips
colourpop ultra satin lips swatch-107
TooLips (away from natural light)
colourpop ultra satin lips
L-R: Littlestitious, Echo Park, Frick n Frack, Prim, TooLips (I forgot to swatch Dopey)
Pro:
Not as drying as the Ultra Mattes
Still affordable
Pigmented
Applies evenly

Con:
Some shades don't suit me
not transfer proof
Shade range is not as impressive as the Ultra Matte ones

xx
Sarah

Find me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | GOOGLE+ | POSE

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read all the comments :)